Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Week of Fun Activites

I'm so sorry to be absent for so long!  It's been a very busy 3 weeks between my studio recital, directing our church musical and dealing with a bit of broncitis...not to mention getting my home ready for Christmas!  I'm finally in a more relaxed week, with just teaching lessons and doing lots of baking! 

As far as the studio goes, I've had lots of VERY distracted kids over the last 2 weeks...as I'm sure most of you are experiencing as well!   Sitting at the piano for the full lesson...even 10 minutes has been a challenge!  So, I've tried to keep lessons low key with a focus on games and musical activities. Here are a few pictures of some of the games we did:

 A fun game of Musical Sorry between siblings!  This is a game to test and reinforce intervals. You can find all the details about the game I adapted and the cards I put together here.
A fun game of Dominotes!  This is a wonderful game to test rhythm and my 5 year old scored 100%.  I was so proud of her!  Played like the game of regular dominoes, you match up note values.  I used a simpler version with my student and she really excelled at it.








And of course, I had to pull out the Keyboard Snowflakes for a few scavenger hunts for my younger students!


 
All in all, it's been a productive week.  As long as they are moving around or doing something fun, we've been able to reinforce learning!  I hope you are finding ways to keep your students focused as well!

1 comment:

stephen said...

Music lovers here is a motivation for you to follow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HvYr0yogI