This has been a super busy week for me, but it was also a really good week. Here's my fab five for the week:
1. I started another Pre-Piano Camp which will happen each Monday afternoon for the next 6 weeks. I have 3 kids and they are adorable! We had a great first week, but I can't decide what they enjoyed more...the camp or the chickens! I'm considering adding a Chicken Camp next year! Any thoughts??
2. I put on a piano workshop for my new, younger students. They had a blast! When I let them know we were done with each activity, they asked to keep going! I think they would have stayed for hours!! I love giving this workshop because it gives them a BIG start and makes those first few months of lessons much easier!
3. I also put on a theory workshop for some of my older teenage students. We worked quite a bit with rhythm and major and minor scales! We used all kinds of instruments to work on rhythm which they really enjoyed. We also worked at quick identification of scales - major and minor. I had a composer project and a discussion of musicality also planned, but we ran out of time!
4. No one wanted to leave! Now I know that might not necessarily sound like a good thing, but all of my students get excited to come to lessons and want to be here and are disappointed to leave! I had loads of great conversations with many of my parents and students this week because we all took the time to talk!
5. I got to snuggle with this little guy this week!
Rachel and Kyle who are part of the music ministry at church. He is also one of my future piano students! And of course..., he LOVES his Aunt Sheryl (almost as much as she loves him!)!
Have a great weekend!!