Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Individual Competition

I'll have more pictures from Music Olympics to show you in the next few days, but I did want to share a bit about what we did today. The first three days of camp we did lots of games and activities focusing on the 4 areas I told you about a couple of days ago. The first day was a challenge for some, but when we finished on Wednesday, I was excited to see how much they had learned and retained.

Today, we had the individual competition. I designed a couple of "drills" for each of the areas, so today we went through them as a group. Kate and I calculated the points, but the kids have no idea as of right now how they did. They have to wait until tomorrow during the awards ceremony when the winners will be announced. They were REALLY into it today and I'm happy to report, they were very supportive of each other. I'm also pleased to see how well they all did.

Tomorrow is the big Team competition. They will do a Team event in each of the areas. The points they get for all of these are based on their knowledge, rather than speed. I had told them on Wednesday that depending upon how they placed in the individual events, they would be able to acquire more points for their team. That was a big encouragement for them to participate today!

I'll have lots of pictures and more information about the camp shortly!

No comments: