Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Musicians in Training/Fun-lympics IDEAS!

We're so thrilled that so many of you have purchased our MUSICIANS IN TRAINING practice incentive and the bundle that includes the camp, FUN-LYMPICS!  We're running it as well in our studio this year and our students are loving it!  What great practicers we have!!!

I thought I would show you a few pictures of what the studio looks like and how I organized everything in case some of you might need some ideas.

Here's a quick look at the decor:
We hung up the large poster of MUSICIANS IN TRAINING with the logo showing the concepts we're working on all year - Skill, Focus, Knowledge, Endurance & Creativity.

We also hung the awesome sports pennants around the room.  They really came out great and add SO MUCH festivity to the studio!

We hung the team scoring chart across parts of two windows (wall space is sparse in the studio!) and the Team Scores sign.







We also made another sign (not included in the incentive) that we use to encourage kids when practicing starts to wane.  We're trying to help them "push through" those weak moments!







The incentive is packed with cards to use with all of the games.  In looking for a way to corral them, I purchased a bunch of "crayon boxes" from a local Walmart that work perfectly!  Then I found a slotted container in my stash at home that works perfectly to hold them.

I set the container on our game table and it's available for any game/sport we do in a lesson.  If I need to use more of the table, it has a handle so I can easily remove it.






Here's a closer look at the container. It has handles that snap the lid on. It works easily and because the boxes are flat, they are also convenient to stack if needed.  I used my label maker to label each box.

Side note:  these are available on-line but were significantly more expensive even on the Walmart site then actually purchasing them in the store.

The containers work perfectly for cards, but also help corral the game pieces and any other items (dice, post-its, etc.) that you may need.  I have found that if everything is easily assessable right where I need it, it saves precious teaching time.










I have a half-wall on one side (there are stairs behind it) so I used the top to put the Aquatics course.  I then used the lower wall to display the gymnastics and the golf course/equestrian event.

When you don't have a lot of wall space you use whatever you can!


To the right of the Aquatics, I used the rest of the half wall top to corral everything I need for the golf course and the equestrian eventing.  I've already played a few holes of golf this week since we just started and my students have really enjoyed it!



For areas where I don't necessarily have a table available, I've been using clear plastic containers.  I placed all of the game instructions in clear plastic sleeves (job tickets) to keep them protected and because you can put two in one sleeve (back to back), they work great!




These are just a few ideas that I hope helps you if you've purchased MUSICIANS IN TRAINING leading to the FUN-LYMPICS. If you haven't, considering joining those of us who are helping our students celebrate music AND the upcoming summer Olympics!

You can read more about MUSICIANS IN TRAINING and FUN-LYMPCS HERE and can purchase them HERE.

ALSO:  The SALE on all of the BUG games and our newest interactive book, MY FIRST PIANO BOOK is still going on for another 12 days, so be sure to check them out HERE.  They are just SO ADORABLE!

Happy Teaching!

No comments: