Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Jumbo Musical Dice

Like many of you, I'm working hard on my summer plans.  Up here in the Northeast, schools in our area are just finishing up next week so our summer is just getting started.  I'll be running two camps this summer - a composition camp and a fun camp entitled, GAMES, GAMES, GAMES!!  As you can imagine, a week of games is really popular.

I'm getting all the plans together, gathering supplies and of course, making a bunch of stuff!  I'll be sharing them as they are completed.  So for today, here's a quick look at one thing I put together after being inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.

This is a 6"x6"x6" box I purchased for about $1.00 because I couldn't find one free!  I taped it shut with mailing tape and then began to cover it with duct tape.  I started with the edges and then covered all the sides.  













Then I added some musical notation with a black sharpie...











The end result?
4 Jumbo Musical Dice ready for camp this summer!  Oh...and my helper?  That's my beautiful, 2-year-old granddaughter and future pianist!



6 comments:

Lisa McCluer said...

I love them, Sheryl! Thanks for sharing - I just might try it.

Sue said...

Love the way the dice are made. How will you use them?

Sheryl said...

Hi Sue,

I'm planning to use them with camp this summer, but they could be used in the same way regular rhythm dice are used. I'm thinking of a jumbo version of "Shut the Box"!

Laura Lowe said...

Those look so fun and colorful! I'd love to know more about "shut the box." Never heard of that one! And, your granddaughter is a cutie!

Sheryl said...

Hi Laura!

You can find the info for Shut the Box from this post:
http://sherylwelles.blogspot.com/2013/05/shut-box.html

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

These are great!