Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Musical Hangman!

I realize that all of you have extremely cooperative students and never encounter a student who doesn't want to re-play a piece or part of one at a lesson.  I, however, must bare this burden!  Oh...the sighs and head drops and body language of disgust!  Love it! 

Over the summer I stumbled across this fun little item.

It's a magnetic hangman game with a cute robot!  NOW when they complain...I simply pull this adorable little guy (found at Michael's for $.10!) and suddenly playing something again doesn't seem so bad!
And, when we talk about practicing and how to target those problem spots, this is a great way to get them to practice it several times! There was only one of these when I spotted it or I would have been tempted to get one for every student! 
 


Here's a closer look at the pieces put together.  It's amazing what we, as teachers, will do to get our students to work harder!  I've also decided to use it to challenge students to think about their musicality.  If they play a piece and forget to play a portion "forte", perhaps we can use it to remind them by spelling it out!
Are there fun items you use to motivate?  Please feel free to share so that we can all benefit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks so fun! I'll have to go to Michaels and see~
Hehe...I just had a student today who did not want to play his song 'again'...