Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Latest Happenings!


 It seems my blogging has taken a back seat to all the things going on in my life.  It's been a VERY eventful few months.  My first grandchild, beautiful Anya was born on March 31st.  Isn't she just precious?
My oldest son, Andrew was married July 7th.  I now have a beautiful new daughter-in-law, Evie. 

My father had a heart attack 2 days after the wedding and underwent emergency open heart surgery.  I'm happy to report that as of today, he is doing well and will hopefully be moved out of the intensive care unit tomorrow.  Add my studio's June recital and our church choir concert in the mix and I've been extremely busy!!! Phew!!  I'm tired just typing all that!
 
Right in the midst of everything, a huge box was delivered to my front door.  It was a present from one of my studio families just to say "thank you"!  This beautiful mandolin was on my Amazon wish list and I'm super excited to learn to play it!  What a treat right in the middle of my busy schedule.  Do any of you play the mandolin?  Any tips you'd like to offer?

Oh...and my summer camps start on Monday!   Don't worry...I'll be sure to post lots of pictures and ideas!  I hope your summer is going well!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Your little Anya is darling! I love her full head of hair Congratulations!