Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Little Fall Fun!

Today, I thought I would share some of the activities I've incorporated into lessons and my pre-piano camp since it's fall and Halloween and Thanksgiving are coming up.  I don't make a big deal about Halloween and several of my familes do not celebrate Halloween, so I do more "fall" or "harvest" activities.  Here are some of them...

I used D'Net's fun candy corn note id activity with some of my students to see how quickly they could match up the note on the keyboard with the note on the staff.  They really had fun with this activity!


I also printed off a few copies of Susan Paradis' Pumpkin Notes to have my students practice writing notes on the staff.


I found these fun orange pumpkin foam shapes at Michael's so I picked up a package (on sale!) for a couple of dollars and put together a scavenger hunt for my pre-piano camp.  I put a left hand and right hand set of finger numbers (using the same little hands I found at my teacher store) on 10 of them, A-G, forte and piano symbols and the whole note, half note, dotted half note and quarter note on several others using a large black marker.  This should prove to be quite fun today with my little campers!


Another option to notes on the staff is Susan Paradis' Kandy Keys.  A very "sweet" game indeed!  It's hard not to snack while I'm getting it ready!


I always try to put together a little something for each of my students.  This year I put a small amount of candy in a candy corn baggie and attached a tiny pumpkin and a Wendy's coupon for a free frosty.  All together, each baggie cost about $.50.  I already had the baggies, the candy was on sale, the pumpkins were 9 for $1 at Walmart and my husband picked up the coupons 10 for $1.  Not bad, huh!?

I am very thankful for all of the wonderful teachers out there who help make such great tools available to us.  Thank you Susan and D'Net for helping my students to have such fun this fall!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Super cute ideas!
I gave you a blog award! Check it out on my blog!

http://caltoncorner.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger.html

aleecew said...

I love Susan and D'Net's pages and am thrilled to have discovered your blog so I can add you to my list of resources! You women are amazing for sharing all of your wonderful ideas!