Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2019

It's a Jungle out there!!!

...At least in the music teaching world!  Our Jungle Jam camp (and bundle) is becoming the one of the most popular camps we've done.

It's exciting to see other teachers who have the vision to not only run a camp this summer, but to chose one of my personal favorites!

We spent many months on this camp and the practice incentive.  In fact the practice incentive, In the Heart of the Jungle was inspired by the game of Labyrinth.  I had changed up that game a bit and used it as a game to teach musical terminology.  (You can see a post about that here.)  It quickly became a studio favorite and I mean it was a favorite for a couple of years!

I thought it would be fun to try to make a practice incentive around a labyrinth so after many months of planning and building graphics we produced, In the Heart of the Jungle and ultimately, the companion camp, Jungle Jam.

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the camp, RoadTrip USA! (which has been the most popular camp) because it was the very first camp I put together.  I didn't know what I was doing and I can remember sitting at my dining room table searching the internet and trying to find ideas and anything that might spark interest in my students. It took me SO LONG to put it together, but I loved the outcome and so did my students!

Now, many years and many camps later, I feel like the ideas are flowing endlessly! And I find it so much fun!  Jungle Jam took us over a year to put together but I couldn't be more thrilled about it.  I love the Trading Post and all of the activities we put together to highlight each of the shops.

I also love the nine animals we included and the personality traits we gave them. There's loads of games that highlight these and it was exciting to spend a week watching our students learn through play!

As with all of our camps, we include crafts that work with the theme and tons of games that you can use during the summer and all year with your students.  For all of you who have purchased Jungle Jam, I hope you and your students have an AMAZING summer!

For those of you are still trying to figure out what you want to do, consider running a camp!  It's an absolute favorite in my studio and parents always plan other camps around our music camps!  It's a nice feeling that parents value the quality education we're giving their children!

Don't forget that all of our camps and camp/practice incentives are ON SALE now through the end of April.  Take advantage and stock up!  If you would like a bit more information about Jungle Jam, click here.  If you would like to go ahead a purchase the camp and/or practice incentive bundle, click on the Camps tab above!

Also, just a quick reminder that our FUN-LYMPICS camp and Musicians In Training practice incentive will be up for sale by next month!

2 comments:

Mark Johnson said...

Nice Post ! Patrick Nguyen Luxor

School trip India said...

I appreciate your effort that has been taken to write this blog for us. Please keep sharing. summer camps for kids near me